[cisco-voip] License Issue for Failover Server (Unity)

Pat Hayes pat-cv at wcyv.com
Mon Jun 9 18:50:41 EDT 2008

Comments inline:

Miller, Steve wrote:
>  If you load up the license tool on each Unity server, what do you see?
> NOT SURE WHAT YOU MEAN BY THIS.
>
> Does the secondary show the same info as the primary? THE SECONDARY DOES
> NOT SHOW THE SAME INFO AS THE PRIMARY.

<PH> Details would help here, does the secondary show ANY licenses at
all? If it has some, what does it have in comparison to what is on the
primary? License information is replicated through AD, if the failover
server is not seeing all of the license info from the primary, you
should verify that AD is happy and Unity is not throwing errors in the
app log about connectivity. Initiating a DC/GC resync might help.
> Under effective
> licenses, are any lines utilizing more than they are licensed for? YES.

<PH> On the primary or secondary? If the primary is over, then, you need
to install more licenses. If it is only under on the secondary, see
above. Also, if the secondary is the only one that is currently 'over',
then the primary should stay active, without any 48 hour count down,
you'd only have a problem if you failed over.
> Do any lines indicate an expiration date that has passed? NO
>
> Also check under Alerts, it should tell you why it is in violation mode
> there.  I HAVEN'T BEEN ABLE TO FIND ANYTHING AND NEITHER HAS TAC.

<PH> Not sure what you mean by this. Are you saying you can't find where
to look, or there are no alerts listed? Any active alert listed under
alerts means you are in license violation mode.