[cisco-voip] speaker sends ttl=16, switch drops it

Rossella Mariotti-Jones rossella at chemeketa.edu
Mon Jun 16 13:56:26 EDT 2008

When I say server I mean the Berbee InformaCast server (v. 5.1.1).

I talked with Atlas Sound, the speaker manufacturer, and they say they
don't do the coding, I think the firmware is made by Berbee, I asked the
engineer that was helping us if it can be upgraded, we'll see. And yes,
I also think that the Foundry switch is being a little too tight about
the following the specs in this RFC.

Does anybody use ceiling speakers with Berbee? If so which kind? We're
looking to try a different brand and we need ceiling speakers because we
want to keep them out of reach as much as possible.

Thanks.

***

Rossella Mariotti-Jones

rossella at chemeketa.edu <mailto:rossella at chemeketa.edu>

  <http://www.chemeketa.edu/>

Network Analyst, SS - SPIR - IT TAC

desk 503-589-7775 - cell 503-480-4255

**** PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL COMMUNICATION  **** This electronic
transmission, and any documents attached hereto, may contain
confidential and/or legally privileged information.  The information is
intended only for use by the recipient named above.  If you have
received this electronic message in error, please notify the sender and
delete the electronic message.  Any disclosure, copying, distribution,
or use of the contents of information received in error is strictly
prohibited.