[cisco-voip] remotely configure network setting on cisco ipphone!!!

Christopher M. Bomba cbomba at s4nets.com
Tue Jun 17 12:30:26 EDT 2008

We downloaded the Remote Control app from www.voipintegration.com, then we sniffed the the packets that were going from the app to the phones.  They are just xml pushes, so we wrote a script that we use.  So all we do is call the script and put the ip address of the phone in and then the button you want to push on the phone.

Example:  7940push 10.1.1.1 Settings

where 7940push is the name of the script.

This works on pretty much any phone except 7905s or 7906s.  Also you have to associate all the phones you want to do this on with a user in CCM.  You have to authenticate the device before it will allow you to push the xml to the device.

Sniff the packets you will see what I am talking about.

Christopher Bomba   CCNP, CCVP
solutions4networks
Email - chris at s4nets.com
Cell - 412.398.3990