[cisco-voip] CCM IP Calling?

Kelemen Zoltan keli at carocomp.ro
Wed Jun 18 09:37:21 EDT 2008

What do you mean "from the IP Address of the Publisher"? The IP appears
as a CallerID?

I've seen something *similar* with Polycom/KIRK wireless phones. When
not configured properly, they register into CUCM with the IP of the
Publisher, and then of course calls can't be made.

The effect you're seeing certainly looks like this: some phone calls
your coworker, and CUCM does the call setup, but since it's probably
misconfigured somewhere, the actual call-path cannot be set up (media
traffic is directed towards the publisher, instead of the other phone),
so your coworker will hear nothing.

Check out the phones registered to the CUCM, is there's something fishy
in there and also check the traces when calls like that happened.

regards,
  Zoltan