[cisco-voip] Slip secs on E1 interface(urgent help please!!!)

Cheng cchengcc at gmail.com
Thu Jun 19 22:48:02 EDT 2008

Hi
We got a E1 interface connected to a ISDN onramp-10 service. We identified a
lot of slip secs on the E1 interface which caused the fax fails.<
network-clock-participate wic 1>  and <network-clock-select 1 E1 0/1/0>
commands are already configured on the voice gateway. Had the carrier did a
remote loopback test(they did the test without attending the site, I don't
know how they did the test) and they advised the service is fine.
Any ideas what the problem would be?

Thanks a lot.

#sh controller e1
E1 0/1/0 is up.
  Applique type is Channelized E1 - balanced
  No alarms detected.
  alarm-trigger is not set
  Version info Firmware: 20051006, FPGA: 20, spm_count = 0
  Framing is CRC4(Australia), Line Code is HDB3, Clock Source is Line.
  CRC Threshold is 320. Reported from firmware  is 320.
  Data in current interval (568 seconds elapsed):
     0 Line Code Violations, 0 Path Code Violations
     51 Slip Secs, 0 Fr Loss Secs, 0 Line Err Secs, 0 Degraded Mins
     51 Errored Secs, 0 Bursty Err Secs, 0 Severely Err Secs, 0 Unavail Secs
  Total Data (last 24 hours)
     0 Line Code Violations, 0 Path Code Violations,
     7856 Slip Secs, 0 Fr Loss Secs, 0 Line Err Secs, 0 Degraded Mins,
     7856 Errored Secs, 0 Bursty Err Secs, 0 Severely Err Secs, 0 Unavail
Secs