[cisco-voip] AAR for WAN outage

David Sullivan David.Sullivan at barnet.ac.uk
Wed Jun 25 03:54:54 EDT 2008

cisco-voip-bounces at puck.nether.net wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Can AAR be used to re-route calls when a WAN IP link is down,
> or is it only used when there is insufficient location bandwidth?
>
> For example our branch offices have 2821 routers with 2xBRI
> interfaces. The routers run SRST.  From our central site we normally
> dial 4-digits to reach a phone at the branch office.
>
> During a WAN outage, the phones work due to SRST, but to call
> the site from our central site we must dial the full national numbers.

For SRST it's a bit simpler, as part of the call-manager-fallback config
you can configure translation rules that will be used when the router is
in SRST mode:

call-manager-fallback
 max-conferences 3 gain -6
 limit-dn 7960 2
 timeouts interdigit 15
 max-ephones 24
 max-dn 24
 voicemail 6000
 translation-profile incoming internal-exts

voice translation-rule 10
 rule 1 /^29/ /9012345629/
 rule 2 /^27/ /9012346727/
 rule 3 /^28/ /9012347828/
 rule 4 /^4/ /90134512/
 rule 5 /6000/ /901234562900/
!
!
voice translation-profile internal-exts
 translate called 10

There's more information and some examples in the SRST documentation.

Regards.

David
This communication may contain privileged or confidential information which
is for the exclusive use of the intended recipient.  If you are not the
intended recipient, please note that you may not distribute or use this
communication or the information it contains.  If this e-mail has reached you
in error, please delete it and any attachment.

Internet communications are not secure and Barnet College does not accept
legal responsibility for the content of this message.  Any views or opinions
expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of Barnet College.

Please note that Barnet college reserves the right to monitor the
source/destinations of all incoming or outgoing e-mail communications.