[cisco-voip] dial-peer destination pattern not matching even when clearly matched...

Paul asobihoudai at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 27 11:22:44 EDT 2008

rooter#sh dial-p voice sum
dial-peer hunt 0
             AD                                    PRE PASS                OUT
TAG    TYPE  MIN  OPER PREFIX    DEST-PATTERN      FER THRU SESS-TARGET    STAT PORT
1      pots  up   up             9[2-9]......       0                      down trunkgroup HCMAnnex
2      pots  up   up   1         91[2-9]..[2-9]..-  0                      down trunkgroup HCMAnnex
3      pots  up   up             9[49]11            0                      down trunkgroup HCMAnnex

dial-peer voice 1 pots
 trunkgroup a
 description Local Call Dial-Peer
 destination-pattern 9[2-9]......
 incoming called-number .
 direct-inward-dial
!
dial-peer voice 2 pots
 trunkgroup a
 description Long-Distance Call Dial-Peer
 destination-pattern 91[2-9]..[2-9]......
 prefix 1
!
dial-peer voice 3 pots
 trunkgroup a
 description 411/911 Dial-Peer
 destination-pattern 9[49]11
 forward-digits 3

I have my dial-peer's outbound status as down and cannot even make any outbound calls with 'csim start xxxxx'. Does this mean my trunk group is down? None of my trunks or dial peers are shutdown. Can anybody explain exactly how I can bring my dial peer outbound status to up?

Thanks,
Paul