[cisco-voip] Trunk-Groups and Dialpeers - C3745 - Again

James Cornman james at atlanticmetro.net
Mon Jun 30 19:09:27 EDT 2008

Throwing this one out here one more time. If anyone has some advice I
would appreciate it.

Thanks

----------

Hello.

I've got a Cisco 3745 with 4 CT1's on it. I've got them configured in
a trunk group. I'd like to have it so if the trunk group is full, send
any requests out to another device via SIP. I've attempted to do this
with different preferences on two dial-peers.

As it is, calls are coming in via SIP and then get dished out to the
trunk group with a configuration similar to below:

trunk group 1091
 hunt-scheme round-robin
!
controller T1 0/1
 framing esf
 clock source internal
 linecode b8zs
 cablelength short 133
 pri-group timeslots 1-24
!
(remaining 3 PRIs have same configuration)

interface Serial0/1:23
 no ip address
 encapsulation hdlc
 isdn switch-type primary-ni
 isdn protocol-emulate network
 isdn incoming-voice voice
 trunk-group 1091
 no cdp enabl
!
(remaining 3 Serial interfaces have same configuration)

voice-port 0/1:23
!

dial-peer voice 10910101 pots
 trunkgroup 1091
 preference 1
 destination-pattern 12124571234
 forward-digits all
!
dial-peer voice 10910102 voip
 preference 2
 destination-pattern 12124571234
 session protocol sipv2
 session target dns:xxxx.atlanticmetro.net
 dtmf-relay rtp-nte
 codec g711ulaw
 no vad
 supplementary-service pass-through
!

Now, I've done some debugging and the trunk does recognize it is out
of capacity, however it returns an error instead of going to the
second preference dial-peer. I have confirmed via a debug voice
dialpeer that both dial-peers do match and have the proper preference.

I'm not sure how to accomplish this if the trunkgroup being full isnt
enough to signify moving on to the second dial-peer. Does anyone have
any advice?

Thank You

--
James Cornman
Chief Technical Officer

e: james at atlanticmetro.net
w: http://www.atlanticmetro.net
v: 212-792-9950
f: 718-559-4862

e: james at atlanticmetro.net
w: http://www.atlanticmetro.net
v: 212-792-9950
f: 718-559-4862

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This communication and any documents, files or
previous e-mail messages attached to it, constitute an electronic
communication within the scope of the Electronic Communication Privacy
Act, 18 USCA 2510. This communication may contain non-public,
confidential, or legally privileged information intended for the sole
use of the designated recipient(s). The unlawful interception, use or
disclosure of such information is strictly prohibited under 18 USCA
2511 and any applicable laws. If you are not the intended recipient,
or have received this communication in error, please notify the sender
immediately by reply email at support at atlanticmetro.net or by
telephone at 212-792-9950 and delete all copies of this communication,
including attachments, without reading them or saving them to disk.