[cisco-voip] Defrag CallManagers and Unity

Peter Slow peter.slow at gmail.com
Mon Jun 30 22:57:05 EDT 2008

Rob,
   I can tell you that you certainly ought to defrag your CCM. doing
that can really help performance in a lot of cases. Fragmentation can
occasionally cause disk / database reads to take so long that a
service (like CCM =) might fail to start. This is the first thing I
recommend when I talk to someone who says a service doesn't start at
boot up, but starts okay when run manually.

   The schedule for when this sort of thing is necessary will vary
from CM to CM, even within the same cluster. You might consider doing
this monthly. a Lot of CM servers go much longer without having this
done, but it _is_ a good idea.

-Pete