[cisco-voip] Deleting trace/log files from the active partition via CLI

Wes Sisk wsisk at cisco.com
Thu Oct 2 11:07:49 EDT 2008

All log files are circular and monitored by Log Partition Manager (LPM)
to delete files if space becomes depleted. you should not need to delete
trace files.  anything you delete will eventually be re-written back the
same size/number of files due to trace settings.  Net deleting files
accomplishes very little other than consuming your valuable time.

if you *must* delete files then from CLI:
file delete ....

/wes