[cisco-voip] problem in configuring a 2821 router to conect to a alcatel 4400 through a E1 card

Pedro Nogueira pedro.nogueira at sicnet.pt
Wed Oct 8 13:13:10 EDT 2008

Hello,

As anyone have already configured a router 2821 to work with a Alcatel
4400 trough a E1 card ?

I need to have 64 PVDM too only to this E1 card , right? In the end is
supposed to have 30 channels on this connection .

What protocol should I use? Anyone had succefully configured with MGCP ?

I have a Wic 2 T1/E1 card - I have to have the 2 ports configured with
the same protocol? Or can have 1 port configured with a protocol and
other with another?

If someone have already configured could please send me an example (if
it isn't ask too much :-)).

What protocol sould I expect from the Alcatel 4400 E1 port? - It is
connected to a primary of the voice provider.

Thanks in advanced,

Pedro