[cisco-voip] How translate incoming-calls with CCM & MGCP

James Brown james.m.h.brown at googlemail.com
Fri Oct 17 12:24:05 EDT 2008

omar parihuana wrote:
> Hi List,
>
> I have a CUCM 6.x and recently we added a new MGCP Gateway (6500 -
> WS6508-E1). With H323 gateway translate the incoming calls will be easy
> a transaltion profile with translation rules and ready. But now how can
> I do the same task with MGCP into CCM? Specifically I need to translate
> the caller-ID some like this: Any Caller-ID that coming via a specific
> E1 from WS6508-E1 shoud be translate to 4540 extension.
>
> please suggestion will be very appreciated....
>
> Thanks
>
> --
> Omar E.P.T
> -----------------

Omar,

I'm unclear whether you want to change the Calling or the Called party
number. Either way, the process should be fairly similar to the way we
do it...

On the MGCP gateway within CCM, define a Calling Search Space (e.g.
London_PSTN_In.)

This CSS should give you sight of a parition containing translation
patterns (e.g. London_PSTN_In_Xlate)

Within this partition, define the relevant TP. If I understood you
correctly, you might like to use a TP as "!" and Called Party Transform
Mask as "4540".

I'm sure there are other ways of achieving the same behaviour, but this
is how we do it.

Hope this helps

James.