[cisco-voip] Few odds and ends questions regarding buttons, night service, etc.

Drew Weaver drew.weaver at thenap.com
Mon Oct 20 15:47:49 EDT 2008

                Hi there, I had just a few odds and ends questions regarding customizing buttons, night service, etc.

First off thanks to everyone who has nudged me along and just plain kicked me during this process as its been kind of a beast getting started :)

Anywhoo, we have this CCME/CUE setup configured on a UC500 box and we're trying to get everything finalized and there have been a few user requests prior to us launching the new system.

Some of those are:

1)      Rather than the users having to punch in *3 - 22xx for hunt group logins, can we assign their hunt groups to buttons on their phone, or make that come up as a menu somehow?

2)      When a user wants to make an outgoing call they need to engage a line through a variety of methods and then hit 9 to indicate that the call is outbound. Is there a way to make this one-step? Perhaps an 'outgoing' button that will engage a line and then hit 9 for them?

3)      We have our office schedule setup in the CUE system, so it knows when we are here and not here, is there a way to manually override us being closed or open in the event that we would need to do that? I.e. can we manually control whether or not the Autoattendant thinks we are in the office or not? With maybe a FAC?

I am pretty sure that these things are possible because our 10 year old Inter-Tel phones have all of these features by default and I can't imagine Cisco's functionality being less than a system so old.

At any rate, any suggestions/advice anyone can give me would be great.

Thanks,
-Drew