[cisco-voip] No Corpoprate Directory available on Phones

Ryan Ratliff rratliff at cisco.com
Thu Oct 23 10:50:52 EDT 2008

The extensions come from the SCCP registration process and have nothing to
do with TFTP.  The phone gets locale, phone load, CCM, service URLs, etc
from TFTP.

I'd recommend getting a packet capture from behind one of the phones to see
why it isn't getting the config file.  Is the CIPC using the same TFTP
server as you see your phone using?

You can enable detailed TFTP traces and after resetting a phone search for
the phone's devicename.  You should see the request for the SEP<mac
addr>.cnf.xml file.  If you don't see this then either the phone is not able
to reach that TFTP server or the phone is pointed at a different server.

What phone load are your IP phones running and what is the model?  Some of
the older loads aren't compatible with 6.1 and the phone won't be able to
parse the config file.

-Ryan