[cisco-voip] CUCM 6 Upgrade Questions

Chris Ward chrward at cisco.com
Wed Oct 29 15:03:05 EDT 2008

Steve,

I think I see your confusion now. 6.1.2.1000-13 needs to be the active
version (on active partition) to apply 6.1.2su1. The version on inactive
partition is unimportant during an upgrade only the active partition is
examined for upgrade compatibility.

The reason cluster 2 couldn¹t find a valid upgrade is that you can only
upgrade to a newer version that what is on your active partition. So in
Cluster 2¹s case, since 6.1.2.1000-13 is already on the active partition,
you wouldn¹t be able to attempt an upgrade to 6.1.2.1000-13.

Does that help?

Chris Ward
Cisco Systems Inc.
Customer Support Engineer