[cisco-voip] The correct answer is training

Kevin Dunn cheesevoice at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 09:05:31 EDT 2009

in production, analog phones are used on the line to Page overhead when more
product is needed.
sometimes these phones do not get hung up and the EMS ports stays seized and
paging is unusable

The correct answer is to train the line workers to hang up the phone after
their 10 second call.
I know that.

BUT since my attempts to train have ended in my increased stress level....

Is there a way to "timeout reset" the paging ports on my voicegateway.

Currently the ports are set H323 but I can make them MGCP is need be.

config to follow

*voice-port 1/1/0*
*description Plant Paging*
*auto-cut-through*