[cisco-voip] Cobras restore of messages results in Outlook 2007 cannot do this action on this type of attachment

Jason Aarons (US) jason.aarons at us.didata.com
Tue Apr 7 21:38:59 EDT 2009

I was hitting CSCsx34700, fixed in Cobras Import 1.1.13. Once I upgrade
the problem went away. The latest version is 1.1.14. In my case the TUI
was broke as well played a prompt. My symptoms didn't match the bug
details exactly, but 1.1.13 fixed it -jason

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/Applications/COBRAS/Help/COBRAS.htm

Messages imported with COBRAS Unity import show no wave file in outlook

Symptom:
After performing a COBRAS restore of one or more users, including their
messages, the attached wave files on the restored messages will not be
accessible via Outlook or OWA. In OWA no attachment is shown. In
Outlook, if you have VMO installed, the media master bar will be
displayed, but will indicate a zero-length recording. Without VMO, no
attachment will be visible. Selecting File -> Save Attachments results
in:
"Outlook cannot do this action on this type of attachment"

Conditions:
Verified with COBRAS Unity export 7.0.45 and COBRAS Unity import 1.1.11
on a Unity 5.0(1)/Exchange 2003 -> Unity 5.0(1)/Exchange 2003 restore,
but suspected to impact all exchange based imports.

Workaround:
Messages can be accessed via the TUI or CiscoPCA.