[cisco-voip] Call can't get through PBX's Automated-Attendant

Alan Su cj.alan at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 06:56:04 EDT 2009

Hi All,

pls refer to the below simple topology and description:
1. PBX(2) conncted to GW(2) via H.323 trunk thru LAN connection
2. GW2 use H.323 trunk to GW1 thru WAN connection
3. GW1 use E1 (ISDN PRI) to PBX(1)
4. PBX(1) has AA enabled

     ------------            ----------------
----------------                    ------------
8-- | PBX(1)| --[E1]-- | IOS GW(1)| ----[WAN]---- | IOS GW(2)| ----[LAN]----
| PBX(2)| --8

------------            ----------------
----------------
                 ------------

   <------------------------------------------- call flow

the problem now is.. when PBX(2) phone calls to PBX(1) phone, it can hear
the AA prompt, but after dialing the extension number, the call just
dropped..
I thought it's something about the DTMF relay, and I'm using out-of-band
relay (dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric) in GW(2) dial-peer configuration but
still not working.
does anyone has any suggestion? or which debug command I can use in both GWs
to make sure at what point the extension digits been dropped..

Many many thanks for the help.

Regards,
Alan