[cisco-voip] OT: Modular IOS

Scott Voll svoll.voip at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 10:53:16 EDT 2009

This might not be the right forum for this but you guys know all things so i
thought I would ask.

on my 6509 (dual Sup 720's running native IOS) i'm running an IOS that has
just been EoS (12.2SXF).  I have switch modules and  FWSM / CMM / WiSM /
FLEX WAN.  I'm looking at the upgrade path and I remember a long time ago
cisco talking about Modular IOS.  Is anyone using it?  Is it all that it is
cracked up to be?  Pros vs Cons?

We have typically found an IOS that works and don't upgrade it much due to
SLA's as it's at our core.  Any words of wisdom on this?

Thanks

Scott