[cisco-voip] ccm7/unity7 one way audio

Charles Goldsmith wokka at justfamily.org
Fri Dec 4 18:15:15 EST 2009

I have a small office that I just converted from cme/cue onto my
central CCM7/Unity7 setup.  The remote gateway is a 2821 with a
vwic-2mft with a full pri and its configured with MGCP, just like my
other sites, albeit with its own partition/css.

Dialing internally across the wan, no problems rolling to voicemail,
hears greeting, can leave message.  When someone dials into a line
using the DID across the PSTN, the call rings normal, rolls to
voicemail when no answer, and no greeting.  It appears to be a one-way
audio issue.  You can leave a message and its recorded normally, just
the caller never hears a greeting.

I'm not even sure where to start troubleshooting, debug of ccapi on
the gateway looks normal, nothing jumps out at me.  I'm using G711
everywhere across all locations, so it shouldn't be a codec issue.  I
have a single pvdm2-64 in the router, which has been fine prior to
this conversion to CCM, so I don't think its a dsp problem.  The
router only has the 2 port pri card in it, nothing else using dsps.

If I open a TAC case, should I open it as a MGCP gateway issue or a
Unity problem?

Thanks for any insight
Charles