[cisco-voip] Clocking/slips issue with Nortel

Nick Matthews matthnick at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 23:51:57 EST 2009

Hi Andrius,

In this scenario it would be more practical for Nortel to provide the
clock since they are receiving it on the PSTN.  For Cisco routers at
least, each set of DSPs can only keep track of 1 clock.  Unless you
have an HDV plus DSPs on the motherboard, you have one set of DSPs,
and Nortel is likely in the same scenario.  The way you've described
it they need to keep up with your internal clock plus the PSTN clock.

Have them set themselves as network, and set clock source line.  I
don't believe the network clock select commands will be properly
applied when you're doing internal clock anyway, but you will need it
when you are in clock source line.

Other than that, try different cables/hardware, or use nortel commands
to reduce the dB if they exist.

-nick