[cisco-voip] Unity Connection PCA error when playing inbox

Pat Hayes pat-cv at wcyv.com
Wed Dec 23 16:36:54 EST 2009

How are you implementing the load balancing? As far as I know, the
only supported method of doing this would be via DNS round robin. If
you are proxying the traffic through an intermediate device, you are
probably out of luck if it doesn't just work. One thing to verify is
that subsequent requests from a client are routed to the same server
that the initial request was.

Please note, however, that per the design guide:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/7x/design/guide/7xcucdg060.html#wp1053042

"Although it is possible to balance client and administration requests
that the Cisco Unity Connection cluster server pair handles (for
example, from the Cisco Personal Communications Assistant (PCA), IMAP,
and Cisco Unity Connection Administration), we recommend that most
client and administration traffic be directed to the publisher server.

In order to balance client requests, it is necessary to use DNS
A-records. DNS A-records allow client DNS lookups to resolve to either
server in a round-robin fashion. "