[cisco-voip] SIP Trunk to Gizmo5

Adam Blomfield adman at adman.net
Fri Dec 25 00:53:07 EST 2009

I'm trying to configure a SIP to Gizmo5 from my lab IOS voice gateway.
Inbound calling is working just fine, as is outbound calling - so long as
it's not a toll call. If I place a call that would incur charges I get a
recorded message from Gizmo5 saying that this call requires calling credits.
If I debug the SIP call I can see the router try to place the call without
authentication, get a 403 error and then place it again with authentication.

Has anyone else tried a SIP trunk to Gizmo5 and gotten it to work? I tried
contacting their support, but they have not responded besides sending a
boilerplate answer and a link to their SIP configuration page. Their
knowledge base basically says that device configuration is outside of the
scope of their support anyway.

Cheers,
Adam