[cisco-voip] Question: Linksys (and others) SIP Phones with CCM 6.x/7.x

Syed Khalid Ali syed.khalid.khursheed at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 06:44:21 EST 2009

Dear all,,

1- One of out client is planning to upgrade from CallManager 4.2 to
either version 6 or 7. They have a number of Cisco
Phone with SCCP (I think 150+, including 7911,12,40,60). Is is worth
upgrading phones to SIP.

2- If they don't want to go with Cisco SIP phones. What about Linksys
phones. Are they supported and compatible with
CallManager 6.x or 7.x release.

3- They also running IPCC Expess colocated on CCM box. IPCCX version
is 4.0. Do they need an upgrade for IPCCX as well or it will work with
CCM 6/7. Moreover, IPCCX will stil be colocated or do we need to buy
another MCS or compatible server.

Need your suggestion(s)!

--
Thanks,