[cisco-voip] caller id in hunt groups

Alex de GRUITER alex.degruiter at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 02:56:46 EST 2009

Apologies, I mis-quoted below. The translation pattern must specify the
"Calling Party Transform Mask" - which in your case will be the hunt pilot.
Its very important to make sure your destination DNs are not in the CSS
assigned to the line/phone. If they are, the Translation Pattern is never a
most specific match. i.e. lets say your translation pattern is for 4XXXX; if
one of the hunt group members dials 41234, and that number is in the CSS,
the most specific match rule applies.

You can further restrict access to the hunt group members by placing their
DNs in a separate partition. This way, you not only translate on-net calls
to the hunt group pilot, you stop people from calling the members
directly. This sort of thing is particularly useful in service desk
situations.

If you're doing this in CME its even easier. Just apply a translation rule
to the ephone-dn. Of course, CME you're probably less likely to need the
feature, but its definitely there.