[cisco-voip] Issue with 7945 phones and Display Name

Ryan Ratliff rratliff at cisco.com
Thu Jan 15 09:37:04 EST 2009

Last I heard of this was that H.323 doesn't support unicode so all H.
323 trunks/devices will use ASCII device name.

-Ryan

On Jan 14, 2009, at 9:46 PM, Lelio Fulgenzi wrote:

There is speculation and one unconfirmed situation, where the ASCII
display name over rides the calling name display on outbound trunks
(in Canada anyways). So, I replace all ASCII display name fields with
my company name, and that is the name that is sent out the trunks.

Can anyone confirm that when the Call Display field and ASCII field
are different, that the Call Display is sent to another IP phone?

---
Lelio Fulgenzi, B.A.
(519) 824-4120 x56354 (519) 767-1060 FAX (JNHN)
"Bad grammar makes me [sic]" - Tshirt