[cisco-voip] PRI usage SNMP

Afatsum afatsum at verizon.net
Fri Jan 16 14:36:49 EST 2009

I dug out my old TAC case email and seems like you might have the same issue. Below is the TAC case response I had. The case was open for 3745 back in June 2007. The 3745 in case was in production for two years already and running older version of IOS. I was able to poll 3825 and get proper repsonse from them and they were running much recent version of IOS. So I believe the bug might have been fixed in later version release. But I didn't pursue it much since we only had one 3745 and no one was interested in upgrading IOS.

=== TAC response below ===
Thank you for your response & for providing the information. However, unfortunately, there are some known issues to get the channel usage of E1/T1 when MGCP configured

The MIB that would provide you with all the details is CISCO-VOICE-DIAL-CONTROL-MIB and CISCO-POP-MGMT-MIB

However, as MGCP is configured on the device, all the control function will be on the Cisco Call Manager, so the router is a dump terminal. That is why

we are unable to get any data via SNMP

There have been couple of bug currently logged to address this issue

(1) CSCsh28603: callActiveDS0s MIB variable not populated when MGCP configured.

and

(2) CSCsh50451: rscmon returns wrong number of active DS0 calls when no dp assoc in MGCP

There has been quite a few number of cases in the past where the customer has requested for this information. However, the DE team are currently

working on this to try & find a fix. Unfortunately, I don't see any date or

revision of IOS which had commit the fix.

So, the only workaround that I can think of is to write a script to manually

telnet into the device & capture the output of 'sh voice call status'

Alternatively, if you configure H.323 codec, then you would be able to poll

the following OID's to get the channel usage

- cpmActiveDS0s

- cpmDS1ActiveDS0s

- cpmActiveDS0sHighWaterMark

- cpmDS1ActiveDS0sHighWaterMark