[cisco-voip] QOS or NOT !!!

Djokic Sinisa sdjokic at mds.rs
Mon Jan 19 05:52:07 EST 2009

hi group..

just a simple question..

we're trying to test QoS in lab enviroment, and i that purpose we're using
WAN KILLER..

we did it so many times without problems..

so we're removing QoS config..

but now we have an issue that we cannot " destroy " voice rtp stream..

we overloaded the link with some furious traffic, but voice rtp remains
active, maybe with some delay but nothing special..

all we managed to do is to break out signaling, and it also doesn't happen'
every time..

fair queue is disabled in serial interfaces..

routers are connected back to back..

ISO version is 12.4(15T8) and 12.4.(3i)..

any ideas?..

we even started FTP transfer and it regullary decreases it's transfer rate
when we start WAN killer, but voice rtp remains up and running..

thanx..

regards..

Sinisa Djokic

System Engineer
CCNP,CCDA,CQS-CWLDS,CS-CIPTDS,CS-CIPCCES Cisco Certified

MDS Informaticki inzenjering
Bul. Arsenija Carnojevica 170
11070 Novi Beograd, Serbia
Tel: +381 11 2015 200, 2015 273