[cisco-voip] CUCM Video over PRI

Ryan Ratliff rratliff at cisco.com
Thu Jan 22 14:41:09 EST 2009

I don't believe MGCP supports the b-channel bonding necessary for
video calls.  Not sure if H.323 does but I think you may need an MCU
for this.

-Ryan

On Jan 22, 2009, at 2:35 PM, Hughes, Scott GRE/MG wrote:

We have MGCP gateways connected to the PSTN over PRI. We used to have
a Polycom ISDN<->H.323 gateway, but got rid of it due to low
utilization (i.e. only 1 ISDN video call per year)

I’m wondering if it’s possible to reproduce the functionality via our
Cisco voice gateways? We run 2821’s with 12.4(19) IOS. The video
endpoints are various flavors of Tandberg codecs.. they can call the
PSTN via Call Manager and get voice only with no issues.

--

Scott Hughes

Sr. Network Engineer

Great River Energy