[cisco-voip] IOS VG Link redundancy

Brandon Bennett bennetb at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 18:55:49 EST 2009

I have a number of voice gateways I would like to do link redundancy on.
(Two ethernet interfaces going to seperate switches)

Currently I am running OSPF on both links with /30's and then routing the
loopback out to the gateway.  I would like to move away from running
services like OSPF on the voice gateways and having VG's participate in  my
routing network.

What does everyone recommend/implement for link redundancy?  HSRP?, Backup
interfaces,  Put everything on the same subnet and let proxy-arp do the
work?

Thanks in advance,

Brandon Bennett