[cisco-voip] Update line issue with AXL 4.2.3

Sathyanarayanan Ramakrishnan sathyanarayanan.r at servion.com
Wed Jul 1 03:26:13 EDT 2009

Hi,

We are using AXL service in the CCM version 4.2.3. We are trying to
provide the update line functionality basically to change the partition
for the existing Directory Number. The following is the XML I am sending
to the server to do the update line.

<SOAP-ENV:Envelope
xmlns:SOAP-ENV="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope
<http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope> ">

    <SOAP-ENV:Body>

        <updateLine xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance
<http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance> "
xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema
<http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema> "
xmlns="http://www.cisco.com/AXL/API/1.0
<http://www.cisco.com/AXL/API/1.0> ">

            <pattern>7056</pattern>

            <routePartitionName>AXLTest</routePartitionName>

            <routeFilterName />

            <newPattern>7056</newPattern>

            <newRoutePartitionName>test</newRoutePartitionName>

        </updateLine>

    </SOAP-ENV:Body>

</SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

The server responds with the following error response

<SOAP-ENV:Envelope

<SOAP-ENV:Body>

<SOAP-ENV:Fault>

<faultcode>SOAP-ENV:Client</faultcode>

<faultstring><![CDATA[Duplicate value not allowed]]></faultstring>

<detail  xmlns:axl="http://www.cisco.com/AXL/API/1.0"
xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.cisco.com/AXL/API/1.0
http://USNJPAR1ADMS01/CCMApi/AXL/V1/axlsoap.xsd">

<axl:error >

<code>23</code>

<message> <![CDATA[Duplicate value not allowed]]>   </message>

<request>updateLine</request>

</axl:error>

</detail>

</SOAP-ENV:Fault>

</SOAP-ENV:Body>

</SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

*         We tried with/without "newPattern" - server responds with the
same error.

*         We have created new partition and use that in the DN
(specified above) - still server responds with the same error.

Regards,

Sat