[cisco-voip] CUMA and ASA as Proxy

Ryan Ratliff rratliff at cisco.com
Thu Jul 2 09:21:03 EDT 2009

I'm still getting up to speed with CUMA but I'll give it a shot...

There are two certs you need to have generated for CUMA with the ASA
proxy.  One is the external-facing cert that the mobile devices see
when connecting to the ASA.  This cert cannot be self-signed because
the phones only have the public root CA certificates and thus can't
trust self-signed certs.  The second cert is the one between the CUMA
server and the ASA.  This one can be self-signed and is documented in
the URL below "Importing a Self-Signed Certificate" section.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuma/7_0/english/
install/guide/cuma_70_IAG_02_ASA.html#wp1233240

-Ryan