[cisco-voip] Mobile Device register to CallManager via Internet access

Alan Su cj.alan at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 05:02:31 EDT 2009

Dear All,

My customer just raise a request that end users can use their mobile phone
with Internet access (ex: 3G) to register to CallManager and get their DN to
make internal calls. The VPN access is not allowed. My questions are:

1. does CUCM accept the client using PATed IP for registration and call
setup?

2. can I use IOS router as a SIP GW to accept the request signal from
Internet and then redirect it to CallManager?

3. any SIP client software can be installed in mobile phone which also
support G.729? (Java-based will be better 'cuz it can fit most of the phone)

Any comments will be very grateful, thanks in advance.

Regards,
Alan