[cisco-voip] CCM Failover PUB-SUB Process

Jim McBurnett jim at tgasolutions.com
Tue Jun 9 07:49:30 EDT 2009

PUB..

From: Scott Voll [mailto:svoll.voip at gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, June 08, 2009 3:32 PM
To: Jim McBurnett
Cc: cisco-voip at puck.nether.net
Subject: Re: [cisco-voip] CCM Failover PUB-SUB Process

do you know what failed?  Pub or Sub?
On Mon, Jun 8, 2009 at 8:46 AM, Jim McBurnett <jim at tgasolutions.com<mailto:jim at tgasolutions.com>> wrote:

Hi folks,

Been a long time since I posted.

And I am looking at a failover that occurred / did not occur as expected and the aftermath with a PUB/SUB

The system did not failover as I would have liked, but I have yet to get the crash dump off the server.

The system has a PUB/SUB- IPCC, and Presence and Unity (all Version 7).

It looks, to me, that the end user started a process that took 74% of the system with 24% of the system running calls etc..

And the handshakes between pub and sub got intermittent, the phones just were confused and the PUB crash dumped...

I would like to look at this a little closer......

To that end, does anyone have a DOC on what happens with failover in a step by step?

I found this:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/uc_system/UC5.0.2/ipt_system_arch/UC05_FFR.html

But would like more...

SDL LINK out of service- then xxxx.

Phones register....

What tests prompt the failover?

What won't?

What are the time lines?

I will be opening a TAC case, but just don't see the sense for a TAC engineer to hold an open case right now until I can get him/her the crash dump file.....

Thanks,

Jim