[cisco-voip] H.323 best practice question

Leslie Meade lmeade at signal.ca
Wed Jun 17 20:42:18 EDT 2009

I have 4 PRI's split over two 2821 routers running H.323. I do close to 3000 calls on a busy day. I also have over 500 DID's. All of my inbound come in on one router and out the other. My 4.2 box has a route group containing both routers.

 I have dial peers setup for local, LD and international, one for each PRI. I also have the necessary VOIP dial peer that revices the four digits from the PRI and sends them to the call manager.
Some people have seen the following problem. I have a local of 5091, and some one rings 123 456 5091 and all my lines on the outgoing router are full the H.323 voip dial peer will match on the last four and then re route the call to the local user. I have had this happen to me. My question is this can I create another dial peer with a preference of 3 and route them to the other gateway ?

example dial peer

dial-peer voice 19 pots
 tone ringback alert-no-PI
 description *** Long distance ***
 destination-pattern 91[2-9]..[2-9]......
 progress_ind alert enable 8
 progress_ind progress enable 8
 progress_ind connect enable 8
 port 0/0/0:23
 forward-digits 11

dial-peer voice 20 voip
 preference 3
 destination-pattern 91[2-9]..[2-9]......
  session target ipv4:10.1.1.6
 dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric
 no vad

dial-peer voice 4001 voip