[cisco-voip] Unified Presence (CUP) and the CUCM hostname/IP address

Philip Walenta pwalenta at wi.rr.com
Tue Sep 8 15:50:07 EDT 2009

Due to some lab conditions I'm having to change the IP addresses of devices
(ugly - I know).

My one stumbling block is that when I tell my CUP server the new IP address
of the CUCM publisher it complains about the hostname being incorrect.

If I goto my CUP CLI and do a network utils ping <hostname>, the old IP
address resolves.

Is there some hidden hosts file on the CUP server doing this resolution?  My
DNS server is correct.

If there is a hosts file is there some way to change it or force a rebuild?