[cisco-voip] external DID

Wes Sisk wsisk at cisco.com
Wed Sep 30 10:26:23 EDT 2009

Extneral Phone Number Mask gets used when a call is routed offnet
usually but it depends on how your offnet gateway is configured.  You
can pretty simply overwrite the calling party number for offnet calls
via that field.

For internal calls if you want to conceal the 3324 number then you have
to be a bit creative.  The line 3324 will have to use a calling search
space that will hit a translation pattern that rewrites the calling
party number.  The translation pattern will then use a CSS that access
to all normal destinations so the rest of the call is routed normally.

/wes