[cisco-voip] Single Number Reach

Tired Banchini tired.banchini at googlemail.com
Wed Sep 30 17:31:35 EDT 2009

Hi,

I am planning to implement SNR, however after reading docs I am left with
more questions !

My PSTN access is using SIP trunks to SP, with the gateways being CUBEs
configured as SIP trunks to CUCM. One of the caveats I read is that "Only
H.323 VoIP gateways are supported for Mobile Voice Access", I am really keen
to use this specific feature but wondered what options I have. I know I can
probably configure the CUBEs to be H.323 GWs to the CUCM and possibly do
H232toSIP on the CUBE. For various reasons even if this would work I want to
avoid doing that...

It does mention H.323 GW can be added and use to 'hairpin'; I am not quite
clear on the topology here, can someone offer some advice?

I though it might be adding an additional H323 GW standalone, whereby calls
come into the CUBE from SP SIP trunks are forwarded over the SIP truanks
to CUCM which then routes on to the H322 GW to accsss the Mobile Voice
access IVR, whcih then hairpins traffic back to CUCM... or am I way off the
mark?

My searches suggest not many docs on this and admin guide is somewhat
vague..

Any help greatly appreciated...

TB