[cisco-voip] how do you deal with old VMs in UC

Scott Voll svoll.voip at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 00:35:46 EST 2010

we just went from unity 4.2 VMO to UC 7.1.3.

Cobras did a wonderful job of moving all the info we needed.  User /
password / greetings / old voicemails / pins.

you do need to setup some things before you can do cobras.  eg, CH,
Directory handlers, weekly schedules, etc.

but if you do the homework before hand it was pretty painless.

my incouragement is to seat down and watch the Cobras videos on
ciscounitytools.com and you will be pretty well set.

They did a really good job of documenting the process.

hope that helps

Scott

PS.  Lelio says, "make sure your current on Unity and use the lastest UC /
and UC tools (cobras) and you should be good.  He had some bugs in the early
versions that are fixed now."