[cisco-voip] called number display on calling phone

O'Brien, Neil nobrien at datapac.com
Mon Feb 8 08:57:25 EST 2010

Hi,

Just today, we've moved our outbound calls to a wireless provider and
something weird is happening.

Basically, our new provider requires us to prepend all numbers with a 5
digit billing code, which is fine.  Some of our phones require to use
the external phone number mask, and our route patterns are configured to
use the calling party's external phone mask.

For some reason, when the phones configured with an external phone mask
make a call, the provider code is appearing in front of the number on
the calling phone display.  But for phones that don't have an external
phone mask configured, the number appears as normal on the calling
phone.

I don't understand how an external phone mask can be related to how the
called number appears on the calling phone??

Any ideas??

Thanks,

Neil