[cisco-voip] UCM <-> Gateway: H323 vs. SIP

Kris Seraphine kris.seraphine at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 21:01:59 EST 2010

One thing to keep in mind if you go with SIP is that all calls over a SIP
trunk are presented to CUCM as type Unknown so you lose the
subscriber/national/etc.. information for the call.  This could be an issue
if you want to use calling party transformations based on call-type
information or if you want to prefix digits to the calling number for the
missed calls list.

You can still accomplish the same thing by using ios voice translation
profiles on the gateway of course.