[cisco-voip] ATA 186 vs. ATA 188 for fax machine use

Brantley Richbourg Brantley.Richbourg at MMICNC.COM
Wed Feb 17 16:10:17 EST 2010

I use 186's attached to older analog fax machines with no problems.  Since I did not need PC ports, I did not get the 188.

________________________________
From: cisco-voip-bounces at puck.nether.net [mailto:cisco-voip-bounces at puck.nether.net] On Behalf Of Leetun, Rob
Sent: Wednesday, February 17, 2010 3:38 PM
To: cisco-voip at puck.nether.net
Subject: [cisco-voip] ATA 186 vs. ATA 188 for fax machine use

Hi,

Which ATA is better for fax machine use, an ATA 188 or an ATA 186?  We are currently using ATA 188s.

Thanks!

Rob

Robert Leetun
Network Engineer
Boulder County Information Technology
2025 14th Street
Boulder, CO 80302
303 441-3866 (W)
303 441-3983 (F)
rleetun at bouldercounty.org<mailto:arees at bouldercounty.org>

</PRE><P>Confidentiality: The information in this electronic mail may contain confidential, sensitive and/or protected health information intended only for the addressee(s).  Any other person, including anyone who believes he/she might have received it due to an addressing error, is requested to notify this sender immediately by return e-mail, and shall delete it without further reading and retention.  The information shall not be forwarded or shared unless in compliance with MMIC policies on confidentiality, and/or the written permission of this sender.
</P>