[cisco-voip] Newbie Question

Frank Arrasmith frank.arrasmith at gmail.com
Fri Feb 19 10:44:45 EST 2010

Hi All,
   First time poster and kind of a newbie on CUCM.  One of my first tasks at
my new position is to try to measure call volume on our gateways(MGCP/PRI)
so my company can determine if they are being used efficiently.  Currently,
I can only calculate erlang capacity based on the amount of T1's that we
have, but have not found a good way to measure if we are getting anywhere
near that capacity.  I am fine with trying to work it out myself for the
learning part, but I would like to see if I am heading in the right
direction at least.  The few methods that I have heard to measure BHT are:

IPSLA's on GW routers
CAR utility in Call Manager
some custom MIB's for cacti( not used in our network, so not really an
option)
Expensive add-on to Solarwinds(used in our network, but the whole point was
to study for cost reduction, so not an option either)

Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks,

Frank