[cisco-voip] 911 Calls

Jim Skelton jim.skelton at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 19:04:19 EST 2010

In addition to the normal 911/9911 patterns.  I use a 911X pattern and
send the call to Unity, play a misdialed announcement then send the
call on to security.  I take advantage of the interdigit timeout.  I
have the t302 timer set to 5 seconds.   Playing the announcement
reminds the person they have misdialed 911 and gives them a chance to
hang up.

Normally, when folks misdial they are will usually dial additional
digits.  When that happens, they will match the 911X pattern.  A real
911 call would match the 911 pattern after 5 seconds.

This has worked well even with the addition of CER in our environment.

Thanks,
Jim Skelton
Halliburton

--
Sent from my mobile device

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is
strong enough to take everything you have.” — Thomas Jefferson