[cisco-voip] PRI 's Roll

tmdvoip tmdvoip at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 14:56:19 EST 2010

Guys:

This is my configuration
CUCM 4.2(3)sr4a (2) Cm in cluster
Cisco Unity 4.0(5.0)
Cisco 2851 Routers

Here is the situation: My client complains that external callers sometime
get an error message from our Telco Provider AT&T saying (all circuits are
busy).

I opened a ticket with the provider and they confirmed that there was a
power outage at one of their locations. Therefore, the Telco Provider AT&T
circuit has no power and our PRI goes down.

My client has 3 PRI's configured and they are supposed to roll from one PRI
to the next as call volume increases. The thing of it is my client has 3
PRI's with 23 channels each that are way-way under utilize. My question is
should the incoming calls just transition to the next PRI in the group? Am I
missing something? Is my Telco sales person says we are configured to roll
to the PRI. Why is it not rolling?

Sincerely,
Thomas Dooley
Cisco Telecommunications Administrator