[cisco-voip] convert Avaya T1Pri mod pak to Comcast ENS (mpls) then back to other end Avaya T1Pri Mod Pak

Gregory Wenzel gwenzit at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 15:47:07 EST 2010

Question for the group...

My thoughts are that this would be similar to STUN but with voice. Im almost
embarased asking this but Im having a mental block and wanted to be sure
this is possible before I quote it and do the work. Im tempted to use pdi
but asking questions occaisonally comes back to haunt...

I know I can use VWIC2-1MFT-T1PRI cards crossover to Avaya PBX T1 Pri cards
BUT--> then bridge it onto a highspeed mpls Comcast ENS ring (100MB) via the
2911 Wan port  and point a route towards Head end HQ using a 3945 (same
components) with other end VWIC2-1MFT-T1Pri to Avaya T1 Pri on the HQ Avaya
HQ site. Basically Extending the PRI over an mpls circuit (NOT VOIP) We are
migrating them off verizon T1 Pri's and onto this ring, Cost savings are
enormous

Thank you in advance

Greg