[cisco-voip] Disconnecting the publisher server from the cluster

Twlight New Moon ifilxh at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 5 21:28:55 EST 2010

Hi guys,

I am just wondering what is going to happen if the callmanager publisher fails and need to be disconnected from the cluster. I read from a cisco document that if SDL link is broken,

the whole cluster is affected.

We got a callmanager cluster with 1 publisher server and 3 subscribe servers, the cluster is running 6.1. if I have to drop the publisher server from the cluster, all the 3 subscribe servers database replication will be broken. We still can make outgoing calls and receive calls but Endpoints register with different subscribe servers can't talk with each other?

What else voice functions will be affected?

Thanks