[cisco-voip] Secure calls between CUCM and CUCME

Phil G pgciscovoip at gmx.net
Sun Jan 17 05:52:02 EST 2010

Hi!

Has anyone experience with secure calls between a CUCM-Cluster and a
CUCME-deployment connected through a gatekeeper?

Security-configuration (CTL-file, CAPFetc.) on CUCM-Cluster is obvious
for me.
Security-configuration (CTL-file,CAPF etc.) on CUCME is obvious for me.

But are secure calls between CUCM and CUCME possible (i know that secure
calls between 2 CUCMEs are possible)? In CUCM-Admin we have a
GK-controlled Intercluster-Trunk pointing to the CUCMEs.

How will the SRTP-keys be exchanged? BTW: How will the SRTP-keys be
exchanged between 2 CUCMEs?

Another question:

Lets say we have a CUCME configured with security. In CUCME we do not
have any security tokens, what if we have to replace the CUCME-router,
how do we sign the CTL-file with the old security "tokens" (which are 2
SAST-certificates),so that we do not have to delete the old CTL-file
manually?