[cisco-voip] SysMGMT int on MCS7825I4 usable?

ciscozest ciscozest at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 05:32:47 EST 2010

HI all,

I am new to IBM server and wondering if we can use the port SysMGMT
(Slot 1) on MCS782I4 server. I have configured the static ip for the
Baseboard management Controller (BMC) but the port remain in DOWN state.
I expect this port can act same as iLO port on HP server but fails.

The server spec from cisco.com said the remote management is RIS II (IBM
model) is not available while the HP server spec (MCS7825H4) said the
iLO is supported but optional.
Can anyone enlighten me? thanks

Denny