[cisco-voip] Fwd: Cisco ATA Fax Confusion

Rhodium rhodium_uk at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jan 22 12:26:26 EST 2010

I guess when you are using the terms faxpassthrough and modem passthrough, you are referring to IOS commands, and not the actual methods which is what I am using in this context.

To use your terms, if a device supporting modem passthrough (ATA) only sends a fax to a gateway configured with fax-relay and fax pass-through (VG224) , then will the gateway fall back to modem passthrough as there is no way for an ATA to send a fax to this gateway due to protocol incompatibility unless I am missing something?

That is really my question?